Society

Society
They're only individuals gathered together, So don't be afraid.

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Simmering - Frying A Delicious combo!

These past few days my tongue gets out of appetite because of repeating viand so for a change I took some advice from a friend to enjoy fried red meats and chicken products. He told me about Simmering. What is Simmering/stewing? Simmering/stewing is similar to boiling but the temperature of water should be less than boiling point. Simmering the chicken,meat products together with spices before frying it would definitely enhance the taste of your viand.

The process was so simple.

1st prepare your needed spices and products namely:

vinegar 6 ounces
salt 3 tablespoons
ginger 1pc minced
onion 1pc diced
garlic 5 clover
fish sauce 6 tablespoons
fresh water 6 glasses
chicken/pork 1 kg

Comment:
You could actually adjust your preference and add whether you like more salty or sour taste according in putting spices.


2nd simmering

Put the spices in the pot together with the pork/chicken and water.
The fire should be in very low.
Wait from 10 - 15minutes.
Get the chicken/pork and let it be cool for about 2 - 3minutes.


3rd frying

Get a pan or a wok, be ready to deep fry (honestly I am afraid of oil :)
Fry the chicken/pork until crispy golden brown.
Use paper tissue to remove excess oil from the chicken/pork.
You could put some side dish like sliced carrots or cabbage with mayonnaise.
Viola and there you have it~! Our simmered - fried chicken/pork. Bon appetite.

Simply as may it seems for an amateur cook but for me as a beginner, I find it hard to fry with the spoiling of oil. Honestly while frying I am afraid of the sound coming from the fry center, And just as I avoid the spoiling of oil from the pan, my friends laugh at me for they say that I looked like a child in cooking, well at least I've done preparing it and as I do love to eat my own cooked food. Just as I type this ending remark I remember the word of wisdom in the movie ratatouille : "Anyone can cook" just as I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment